Jonathan Majors filed a domestic violence complaint with the NYPD against his ex-girlfriend and domestic violence accuser, per Insider.
The move comes weeks ahead of his trial start in August. Majors faces assault and harassment charges from the March incident involving Grace Jabbari. In his police report, the 33-year-old claims Jabbari attacked him numerous times in the past–though none of the incidents were formally reported.
Joanthan’s complaint notes a separate “verbal dispute in London that became physical,” according to Insider.
Lawyer Says Majors Is “Probably The Victim” As Actor Files His Own Domestic Violence Complaint
Meanwhile, his lawyer claims two NYPD precincts, Chinatown and Manhattan’s 10th in Chelsea, found enough evidence to establish a “probable cause” to arrest Jabbari.
“Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest Grace Jabbari for assaulting Jonathan Majors,” Priya Chaudhry told Newsweek.
However, at this time, she has not been arrested based on Jonathan’s claims in his formal complaint.
While speaking to NYPD, the actor told officers that Jabbari was “drunk and hysterical” on the night in question, March 25. He claimed she attacked him on a street corner in Chinatown, scratching and slapping his face with enough force to cause pain.
The “Creed III” actor’s attorney told Newsweek that the actor was “probably the victim here.”
RELATED: VIDEO: Jonathan Majors Joined By Meagan Good At Court Hearing For Domestic Violence
Jonathan Majors appeared in court supported by his new girl Meagan Good..
Mr. Majors appeared in better spirit..
— 4ortunefame💰👑💰 (@4ortunefame) June 21, 2023
However, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office ultimately opted not to prosecute Jabbari. A formal request for her to submit to questioning at the Chinatown precinct was canceled, according to Chaudhry.
Social Media Comes Out In Support Of Majors Following Update In Domestic Violence Case
Social media reacted strongly in favor of Majors upon learning of the new case update on Monday.
“So y’all got on here and slandered Jonathan Majors before any details came out huh?” tweeted @droppedballspod. “Sounds like the apologies may need to be as loud as the allegations.”
“#JonathanMajors accusers got real quiet suddenly…..” another posted to Twitter.
“Wondering if the apologies to Jonathan Majors will be as loud as the allegations” @bobbykingdeal tweeted.
“If true, I owe Majors a sincere apology. A lot of people do,” a fourth noted.
— Bobby (@BobbyKingDeal) June 27, 2023
Majors Appears In Court With New Girlfriend Meagan Good As Actor Prepares To Take Case To Trial
Last week, The Shade Room reported that Majors, joined by his new girlfriend Meagan Good, would be taking the case of domestic violence against him to trial.
Judge Rachel S. Pauley set a trial date of Aug. 3 during last Tuesday’s (June 20) hearing. She also ordered Majors to continue to abide by the court’s restraining order for the alleged victim in the case.
The Shade Room reported in March that Majors had been arrested and charged with several misdemeanor domestic assault, strangulation, and harassment charges.
The arrest stems from accusations from Jabbari. She reportedly told police he hit and choked her.
Majors is facing up to a year in prison if convicted, according to the Associated Press.